- Mood: Joy
How much of a Sonic Fan are you? Take the test!
Instructions: All questions have varied points possible and are listed at the end of each question within "(10+ Points)" NO ONE will have the same score thats for sure since everyone will be differently. What you need to put inside the "[ ]" is the points you earned for that question. Be sure to read the questions carefully as some have extra points you can earn if you did something rare or what not.
I recommend you answer these questions with honesty. Don't lie about things you never did or owned. When you are done answering the 50 Questions in the Five Categories tally up your total points at the end and compare them to the ranking system. Remember, this is all based on what you own, seen, or did that was Sonic oriented. And remember to have fun as well, this is after all made for fun : P
Sonic Fan Test Ver. 1.2
Category 1: Games and Consoles [880 Points Possible]
1. You own Sonic the Hedgehog 1? (50+ Points) [ ]
2. Do you own a Sega Genesis with Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic 3 and Knuckles? (200+ Points) [ ]
3. You own at least three of the main games (Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Sonic Heros, Sonic 06, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, or Sonic Generations) (10+ Points, add 90+ Points if you have all of the games listed) [ ]
4. You own 40+ Sonic games of any kind. (200+ Points) [ ]
5. You played Sonic since he first appeared. (100+ Points) [ ]
6. You continue to play Sonic Games to this day (60+ Points) [ ]
7. You are a Classic Era fan (1991-1998) (50+ Points) [ ]
8. You are a Dreamcast Era Fan (1999-2005) (50+ Points) [ ]
9. You are a Modern Era Fan (2006-Now) (50+Points) [ ]
10. You plan on getting Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric and/or Shattered Crystal (20+ Points) [ ]
Total Points earned in this Category: /880 Points
Category 2: Television Shows and Movies [370 Points Possible]
1. You have watched the Sonic SatAM series completely (1+ Point) (49+ Point if you watched it when it was airing on TV) [ ]
2. You watched The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog series (1+ Point) (49+ Point if you watched it when it was airing on TV) [ ]
3. Have you seen the 1996 Sonic the Hedgehog Movie (OVA)? (50+ Points) [ ]
4. Watched all Sonic X episodes (1+ Point) (49+ Point if you watched them when it was airing on TV) [ ]
5. You watched the Sonic Underground series (1+ Point) (49+ Point if you watched them when it was airing on TV) [ ]
6. You have watched Wreck-It Ralph and Spotted the Sonic Cameo early in the movie (10+ Points) [ ]
7. Watched any Sonic Commercials on TV (Not on Youtube, 60+ Points) [ ]
8. You plan on watching Sonic Boom on Cartoon Network (+10 Points) [ ]
9. You've Seen Sonic Night of the Werehog (+10 Points) [ ]
10. You saw the "Sonic: Man of the Year" commercial on TV (30+ Points) [ ]
Total Points earned in this Category: /370 Points
Category 3: Comics and Printed Media [574 Points Possible)
1. Do you own at least one Sonic the Hedgehog comic, from any company? (1+ Point) [ ]
2. Do you own one or more Sonic Archie Comic books? (Sonic X, Universe, or any other spin offs do not count) (1+ Point) (99+ Points if you have the entire collection) [ ]
3. Do you own one or more of Sonic the Comic books? (1+ Point) (99+ Points if you have the entire collection) [ ]
4. Do you own one or more of the Sonic X comic branch? (1+ Point) (49+ Points if you have the entire collection) [ ]
5. Do you own one or more of the Sonic Universe comic books? (1+ Point) (49+ Points if you have the entire collection) [ ]
6. Have you met anyone who works for Archie or any other professional Sonic Artists who do work for Archie and/or work for Archie in person? (Meeting them on deviantART does not count UNLESS you are friends with them for sure) (10+ points if so) (If you ARE one of those artists doing this give yourself 100+ for this questions, you rock!) [ ]
7. You have or at least owned or read one of the Sonic Mangas from Japan (1+ Point) [ ]
8. You own all the Sonic Mangas (100+ Points) [ ]
9. You draw your own Sonic comics here on deviantART
(10+ Points) [ ]
10. You have read either or both of the following popular fan comic series here on deviantART: Ghosts of the Future (Evan Stanley) and/or The Murder Of Me (saphire321). (Point for each series you read from the following) (If you are one of the artists that is listed with your comic, give yourself 50+ points) [ ]
(P.S. I only include comics that have popular artists with at least 1000 watchers and a comic that is quite popular with everyone. If I forgot anyone, let me know below in the comments)
Total Points earned in this Category: /574 Points
Category 4: Merchandise and Pets [530 Points Possible]
1. You own at least one Sonic Plushie (10+ Points) [ ]
2. You own some sort of Sonic Pillow, Sheets, or Comforter for your bed (20+ Points) [ ]
3. You own any collectors edition models of Sonic or any of the characters (Official ones only) (100+ Points) [ ]
4. You own some sort of Sonic themed game console, device, or controller (50+ Points) [ ]
5. You have a pet named after a Sonic Character (20+ Points) [ ]
6. You have a pet named after a Sonic Character AND is the correct animal (i.e: Sonic/Hedgehog) (100+ points) [ ]
7. You own any Sonic action figures (40+ Points) [ ]
8. You own any kind of Sonic posters (official ones) and hang them on your walls (50+) [ ]
9. You have an article of clothing (T-Shirts, Jackets, Shoes, Hats, etc.) that has Sonic or is Sonic oriented. (40+ Points) [ ]
10. You have car stickers on your car that have Sonic or is Sonic related. (100+) [ ]
Total Points earned in this Category: /530 Points
Category 5: Music and Soundtracks [561 Points Possible]
1. Have at least one song from any Sonic game or show on you media player. (1+ Point) [ ]
2. You have at least one soundtrack from a game or show downloaded on your PC or other media players (50+ Points) [ ]
3. Listened to Sonic Boom (Song) before (10+ Points) [ ]
4. Have at least three Crush 40 Sonic Oriented Songs on your music player (10+ Points) [ ]
5. Have all Major Sonic game Soundtracks (The Nine Games from Sonic Generations and Generations itself) in your Music library (100+ Points) [ ]
6. Have Both the US and Japanese tracks of Sonic CD (30+ Points) [ ]
7. You actually played some sort of Sonic music through an instrument and/or with a band (100+ Points) [ ]
8. Have remixed a Sonic music track before (50+ Points) [ ]
9. Have at least one version of Green Hill Zone on your Media player. (10+ for the Original Genesis one) [ ]
10. You met an official musician for Sonic games in person. (200+) [ ]
Total Points earned in this Category: /561 Points
Bonus Question: You have been to any kind of Sonic Convention or meeting with various other Sonic fans. (1000+ Points) [ ]
Total Points List (Add all together, You may need a calculator)
Category 1: Games and Consoles (880 Points Possible) =
Category 2: Television Shows and Movies (370 Points Possible) =
Category 3: Comics and Printed Media (574 Points Possible) =
Category 4: Merchandise and Pets (530 Points Possible) =
Category 5: Music and Soundtracks (581 Points Possible) =
Bonus Question (1000 Points Possible) =
Your Total (3935 Points Possible Totally) =
Now that the math is done, it is time to see what type of Sonic fan you are.
3935 - 3000 = Sonic's Biggest Fans in the entire World (Congratulations!)
2999 - 2600 = Insane Sonic fan
2599 - 2000 = Extreme Sonic fan
1999 - 1500 = Loving Sonic fan
1499 - 1000 = Adoring Sonic fan
999 - 600 = Normal Sonic fan
599 - 300 = Common Sonic fan
299 - 100 = Moderate Sonic fan
99 - 50 = Casual Sonic fan
49 - 20 = Barely a Sonic fan
19 - 0 = Not a Sonic fan
I took the quiz and I was ranked as a Normal Sonic fan : P With a Score of 987.
If you did my quiz, I hope you enjoyed it and feel free to spread it around deviantART guys.
Although this can be used as a tag journal, I won't really tag anyone. But I do offer the choice to a few people I have here:
AND to anyone else who wants to do this that I didn't list. I'm sorry if I didn't list you personally, there is a lot of people I know here on this site.
Have fun and comment your rank below.
You'll know when it has been updated when you see it pop up again in your mailbox.
I probably would have more merchandise if my mom didn't think it was all junk when I was little. Thank god she understands me now... My room is literally Pokemon, Anime, Sonic and My Little Pony themed. XD
If I had more money, I'd like to get the whole collection of the comics but there's so many aha.
Great quiz though! It was fun!
But I haven't got around to doing it...
I want to say that the quiz is unbalanced in some ways, because I think the TV/comic section killed it in more ways then one.
Only one point for missing a few episodes and such? Also the shows aired on TV 15+ years ago at least.
(also a +10 if you've seen the Japanese/French version of Sonic X)
Also the bonus question, that's a very high number, it takes a third of the entire quiz.
Maybe I'm just being whiny because at heart, I'm a 7.5/10 fan, yet have so few points....
So I'll go through the quiz again and update some stuff. And include that 10+ point for watching the Japanese/French version of Sonic X as well : P
The Bonus was meant to be high. It serves as a reward for people who have gone to those conventions, gatherings, and what not. I'm sure you are aware that those events are pretty expensive and sometimes not everyone can go to them. But if they were die hard fans they would find a way. If they can't, the rest of the quiz would have compensated.
The sad thing is I can't calculate how it would be for someone who is a MAJOR Sonic fan but cannot afford most of the things I have listed in the quiz. Which means it would be a low score.
Overall I made this quiz to experiment with it and see what can be done to improve its results. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
I think and important thing that was missed is knowledge/trivia.
You are a casual sonic fan if you don't know who Mighty, Bean, or Sonia is, or don't know the name of the band that makes most the main themes of the Sonic games, or who had the most redesigns.
I know a fairly high amount of trivia outside of the handheld games and early archie comics, so If you would like me to throw some questions in there, let me know.
I'll have to create another set of questions for the trivia section then as well as update a few questions with higher point value.
If you have some questions you want me to add into the quiz, fire away.
You know who Lamorack is.
you know who had the most character redesigns.
you know how many ports sonic 1 had.
you know the first console to have all the Sonic games pre 2006(excluding chaotix, jam, and shuffle)
you know what year sonic 1 was released
you know the only game that has 8 chaos emeralds.
you know what a Nazo is
you know at least 5 (non archie/alt media) unused characters since at least 2006
Of course I'm sure you have some ideas yourself, so I'll stop there, and you don't have to use them all of course.
Though the Nazo question might be pushing it considering it is a fan made character. But then again it is quite popular so I think I will let that slide.
I'll add these in when I can and give you credit for the ones you provided.
The fact that people believe that image is Nazo 100% is just showing a lack of research. Nazo was born from the hit animation by Chakra-X: Nazo Unleashed when he used the image to create a villain called Nazo. The image maybe official, but that is not Nazo, its thanks to Chakra-X that people believe this and keep referring to the image from the trailer as Nazo. Believe what you want though, but I consider Nazo as a fan character created by Chakra-X and the image from the trailer is unrelated besides the fact he used the image to create the character.
Very well then : P But I will need to get to fixing the quiz as soon as I am done with a comic page of mine.
Good to know I'm just the right amount! ^^ Although I expected my score to be a little higher, but I'm happy with my result!
Its all experimental so mistakes are bound to happen : P
I think I did well on making this quiz, I just want to see how many take it.
C1: 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 290
C2: 3, 4, 7, 8, 9 180
C3: 1, 2, 5, 10 5
C4: 3, 4, 7, 9 230
C5: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9 340
…Welp, I guess I'm an extreme Sonic fan! (BTW, is it weird that Sonic's my favorite videogame series, yet it's literally the only game series I like that isn't a Nintendo series? (Excluding Phoenix Wright, but I'm new to that, so I love it partially because I'm still playing blind, so thaty doesn't count.))
No not really, Nintendo is the main game company anyways. Microsoft, Sony, and others are just trying to cash in on games. SEGA was also like Nintendo but its consoles went down :/